The Transfer Tasks function gives you the ability to transfer the responsibility of completing a task or multiple tasks from yourself to another user within your Domain (Organisation) or a connected Domain.
Whose tasks can I transfer?
With the 'User' or 'Workflow User' security level you can transfer your own tasks only. To transfer tasks from other users, you must have one of the following security levels:
- Work Scheduler
- Activity Manager
- Domain Admin
In addition, if your organisation has opted for the 'Require common deputy roles' global feature then it will only be possible for you to transfer tasks between people that share a common User Role.
Transfer Multiple Active (running) Tasks:
(for transferring single tasks this is covered later in this article)
- From the Navigation Bar, click Activities. This opens the Activity Dashboard.
- Click Transfer Tasks in the top-right.
(Note: Depending on your permissions, you may not have visibility of the Create Activity button. In this case, the Transfer Tasks button will be available as a button on the toolbar.)
- In the dialog box displayed, click the 'Transfer tasks from' drop-down list and select the user you require transferring tasks from.
(Note: Remember, if you belong to a user role with the 'User' or 'Workflow Users' security levels you are permitted to transfer tasks from yourself only, not from others.)
- Now select the user to which the task needs to be reassigned and include a message to the recipient if necessary.
- Click the Preview button to view the tasks that are available to transfer.
Help! I can't see any tasks!: If your organisation has opted for the 'Require common deputy roles' global feature then it will only be possible for you to transfer tasks between people that share a common User Role. In this case, you will not see any tasks in the Preview if the users do not share a common role.
- Use the checkboxes to select the tasks you wish to transfer.
(Note: To go back and edit the criteria, click the Edit Parameters button and change the user(s) involved.)
- Click the Transfer button.
- This action cannot be undone - click Transfer Tasks on the warning displayed to continue.
The new assignee will see the reassigned tasks appear in their task list.
An email is sent for each task transferred to the previous and new assignees. The email contains a link to complete the task.
Transferring a Single Task:
1. From the Tasks page, on the task that you wish to transfer, select the down arrow on the required task next to the activity name as shown here, and then select Transfer Task.
2. On the pop up that appears you can select the name of the person, or the role you wish to transfer the task to, and write a message if required. Select Transfer Task. The Task will then be on the task page of the selected user.
Transfer Approval Task
If you have a security level that allows you to edit others' tasks, you can change approver contacts for Running or Pending approval tasks.
In the Tasks page of an activity, the approval tasks will stack, with the master task at the top, and the ones following to represent each step in the approval.
1. Click on the three dots on the far right of the first approval task of the stack (there will be no user assignment next to it).
2. Click 'Edit task'.
3. The 'Edit - Approval' window will display, showing approval steps and assignees on the left, then edit options to the right. Click on the pen icon on the stage you wish to transfer.
4. On the right, click on the 'Contacts' dropdown and select the approver you want to transfer the task to.
5. Lastly, click the green 'Save' button on the left-hand side, then 'Summary' if you wish to return back to the Activity Summary screen.