As part of our ongoing improvement of our online approval tool, and following feedback from our clients, we will deploying a new release of the online approval tool in June. This release will include the following features:
Barcode Validation Enhancements:
- Barcode scans now return separation information to the display and verification of quiet zones info for barcodes added:
- Where multiple layers are detected by the barcode tool an error will be displayed at the top of the modal. Please ensure that technical inks are hidden before checking the barcode area.
Live Render Mode
We will be enabling the live render mode, this will provide users with the ability to zoom at a much higher level within the asset. Please note: when the approval tool is using the live render mode, assets will take longer to load up.
Auto Align Option:
You can use this option if you want to define a specific reference point on both A and B documents to align them.
- File A: here you can select the reference point on file A. Make sure file A is visible, select choose, position the cursor where you want to place the reference point on file A and click.
- File B: here you can select the reference point on file B. Make sure file B is visible, select choose, position the cursor where you want to place the reference point on file B and click.
Next, select Set or Calculate or Automatic
- Set: if you select this option, the designs will be aligned exactly on the two reference points you have defined in File A and File B.
- Calculate: this button will use the reference point you have defined in File A and File B, but will use information of the images (such as colors) to align the designs more exactly.
- Automatic: click this button to align 2 compared files. With every click the approval tool will suggest and make small offset changes and bring the files closer, eventually reaching the best possible alignment.
Compare Feature Update:
Click this button to display the Asset which is on approval
Click this button to display the differences between file A and B
Click this button to display the file to compare with (when A and B are selected, the A file will show on the Left, the B file is on the Right
Click this button the automatically switch views between files A and B
Click this button to manually split the viewing pane. First click , then A and/or B, and/or delta to view all selected options side by side.
New View Options:
New section which can be found in the side bar to the left in the approval tool found under the (separations) section.
Rulers & Guides:
Select this option to display a ruler and guides as accessory alignment tools. The feature is on when the button has turned green.
Select this option to display the seamless repeat on a stepped PDF (prior to making TIFFs or LENs) depending on which media box is used as the Repeat Box. Direction enables you to select the manner in which the repeats should be displayed.
Select this option to set and simulate registration errors.
this button is currently in development.
Notes / Annotation:
Notes that are not saved will no longer add to the incremental number of the notes that follow.
The symbols button has been removed from annotations modal, however can now be accessed using the following shortcut:
Windows >> Windows key + (period) or Windows key + (semicolon)MAC >> Command + Control + Space (OR function + e)