Auto Generated File Name
We have developed the ability to configure into the workflow template a system generated filename for uploaded assets.
This new feature will provide clients the ability to standardise asset filenames to ensure they follow the organisations naming convention by using field values entered into the workflow.
If an auto generated filename has been configured for the asset, upon selection of a new asset, the user will see additional help text and a new column to display the activity generated filename.
Global Search Enhancements
Global search is a key feature in e-flow for users to quickly navigate to activities and assets. Following user feedback, we have:
- Re-designed the layout of the search page to be more intuitive
- Optimised the search engine so that the results are displayed faster
- Added an 'organisation' filter for users linked to more than 1 domain
- Included continuous scrolling in the results section which loads additional data on request
- The ability to drill down into filters to further refine the search results
Super Consult / No Verdict
Following customer feedback, we have developed the ability to configure into the workflow template a 'Super Consult / No Verdict' user in an approval step.
Similar to the current 'Consult' feature, the user will not be able to provide an approval verdict in an approval session, however the workflow will not progress until the user has reviewed and completed the approval task.
If all the approvers in the approval step were marked as 'No Verdict' in the workflow template, the overall asset/task verdict will be 'Reviewed'.
Asset Upload Instruction Text
We have added the ability to include instruction text into an asset upload task. This will allow clients to configure customisable instruction text for the upload task. The text will show underneath the 'Choose assets' button:
Edit Task Page - Bypass
Following user feedback, we have updated the Edit Task page so that users are now able to mark any additional approvers that are added to an approval task as 'bypassable'.
API Updates (Integration Users)
Updates to our API capability includes the ability to:
- upload reference files into the workflow assets tab
- revise reference files uploaded into the assets tab of the workflow
- transfer running tasks to a new contact
Asset Approval Warning for Unsaved Comments
Following on from our adoption of ProofScope, our new Online Approval Tool, we have received feedback that users are not getting sufficient warning of unsaved comments when completing an asset approval task.
As a result we have added a new warning message to Asset Approval tasks to ensure all comments are saved before completing the approval.
When a user hovers over the 'Complete' button that opens the 'Review Asset(s)' modal, an orange warning message in the bottom right corner will appear.
As an enhancement to our Time Tracking feature, we have added functionality that allows for users to manually log time additional time spent in out-of-system tasks such as Pre-Production Meetings. This allows users to more effectively track their total time spent working on a project.
To do this, simply go to the 'Tasks' tab of the activity that you wish to track time spent against and click on the 3-dot context menu in the 'Actions' column for any running or completed task.
A new option named 'Add Time' will appear and clicking on this will present the user with a modal where they can fill in details about the time spent. Time Spent is allocated per Assignee.
Once added, a the details of the time spent can be seen within the 'Tasks' tab of the activity summary page.
Hide Comments Box in Approval Modal
Domain Admins are now able to configure approval steps to either disable or enable the 'Other Comments' text field found in the 'Review Asset(s)' modal. The Other Comments field is used by approvers who wish to give additional comments to support the verdict they have provided.
This can be configured per approval step in order to allow flexibility when deciding which approvers need access to this field.
Please speak to our Professional Services team to have this enabled for your organisation.
Review Asset(s) modal with Other Comments box disabled:
Review Asset(s) modal with Other Comments box enabled:
Launch compare session in approval tool at round 1
We have updated the functionality of 'Compare Mode' within approval tasks. Previously users were only able to launch a compare sessions via an approval task once the asset that is on approval had reached Revision 2.
Now users will be able to start a compare session between two assets at Revision 1.
Simply launch the approval task, click on the drop-down next to the 'Summary' button, and you will see the 'Compare' option present.
Perform SOAP/REST/Email Actions when a task is bypassed
e-flow is now capable of having SOAP/REST/Email actions triggered when tasks are 'Bypassed'.
Please speak to the Professional Services team to set this up for your organisation.
Reports User Role
A new system role has been developed in e-flow to enable organisations to manage access to the reports tab in e-flow. Only users with the Reports User role will be able to view reports in e-flow.
Updates and Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where legacy asset annotations were not appearing in the new OAT system (Patched in November)
- Fixed a bug where domain connection email notifications were being sent to users without Domain Admin rights
- Fixed an issue where absences set in the absence manager were not displaying in the Absence Manager page
- Fixed a bug where users were unable to access an active task via the 'Linked Activities' tab of the Activity Summary Page
- Fixed a bug where users are not able to track time against tasks when accessed via an email link
- Fixed an issue where 'Leave a Message' text box in Consult Modal was not a mandatory field.