The purpose of the homepage is to provide the user with their respective tasks, activities, assets,
account information and administration areas.
The ‘Dashboard Manager’ allows the user to configure their dashboard from a default view so that
standard system dashboards can be displayed and organized as required.
There are two types of widgets:
- "Signposts" provide shortcuts to other system areas
- "Indicators" provide graphical reports
The visibility of each widget is controlled by a combination of the site's feature flags and the user’s security rights.
A shortcut menu to the far left of the page which users can use to navigate to system areas.
The default widgets are:
- Welcome Message: Displays a welcome message in
- My Account: Takes the user to the ‘My Account' page where the user’s profile, picture and
information can be managed.
- My Activities: Takes the user to the ‘My Activities’ page where a user can view activities
to which their account has been related in assignments.
- e-flow: Takes the user to the Sun Strategy website.
- Approval Details: A graphical representation of late approvals. Through this, the user can
navigate to the ‘Approval Details’ for more information and related actions.
- My Tasks: A tabular representation of the tasks assigned to the logged-in user and the status
of these tasks. The user can click this widget to navigate to the ‘Task’ page.
- Current Work: A graphical representation of all current work for the site and the status of this
work. The user can click this widget to navigate to the ‘Search’ page.
- Assets: Takes the user to the ‘Asset Libraries’ page where assets libraries can be viewed.
- BI: Takes the user to ‘Business Intelligence’ page, which provides links to custom queries
entered via the support site and a link to PowerBI.
- Invite team: Takes the user to the ‘Invite a new user’ page where the user can invite new
users to the Organisation.
If a user hasn’t uploaded an avatar to e-flow, their avatar will default to their name initials. If you would like to change your avatar to your initials, just select the default avatar in your account settings.
Adding and editing widgets
To add a widget click on the button 'Dashboard' in the top-right corner, which will bring up a pop-up box. Clicking 'Edit', this will give options to edit current widgets or add more widgets to suit.
There are also options to change the size of the widget if you select the pen tool of the current in-use widgets.
You add a new widget select the '+' icon and the new widget will appear on the page for you to move to the appropriate place and edit the size.
Select 'Save' to keep the changes you've made. Selecting 'x Close' will hide the dashboard manager and selecting 'Reset' will revert the widgets to default.