Domain (Organisation) Connections are required in order to assign external Users or User Roles to tasks within your Domain. Once a Connection request has been accepted from an external Domain, permanent access has been granted and no further connection requests are required for additional assignments of work.
(Connections between Domains (Organisations) must be established in order to send or receive work (tasks) between the Domains).
As illustrated above, Domain Connections are one-way connections. Domain A makes the request to Domain B in order to send work to Domain B. If Domain B needed to send work back to Domain A, a connection request would be required from Domain B back to Domain A.
Manage Incoming Connection Requests
Follow the steps below to review an incoming connection request:
- From the Admin menu and top right of the window, click General -> Connections.
- The Connection Manager screen is displayed. Click the Incoming tab.
- Any connection requests will be displayed. Click the Review button on the right side of the connection request .
- Choose to allow the connection or reject the connection.
If allowing the connection, select the level of access to grant from either:
- Grant access to the external Domain to view and assign work to Roles and also individual Users
- Grant access to the external Domain to view and assign work to Roles only. They would not be able to view Individual Users
- Enter comments (If required).
- To confirm your identity, enter your password.
- Finally, click the Review Connection Request button.
The Rejected Connection(s) tab shows connection requests that you have denied - A connection will show here when you reject a connection request.
View Paired (Existing) Connections
The Paired Connections tab shows Domains that you are currently connected to. The Domain on the left has access / can view users/roles within the Domain on the right.
In the image below,
- Row 1: the 'Training Site' Domain can view 'SBS' Roles/Users
- Row 2: the 'SBS' Domain can view 'Training Site' Roles/Users
Creating a connection
- From the top right of the window click Admin -> General -> Connections
- Then click Create Connection
- In the dialogue box that appears, select the Domain to which you require a connection with.
- Enter Comments if applicable.
- Enter your Password to confirm your identity.
- Click Send Connection Request.
The recipient Domain can accept your connection request by going to Admin -> General -> Connections -> Incoming Requests
To confirm your request has been sent, click the Requested tab.
Here you can resend the request if you have not had a response or you can cancel the request.